The Prince Albert Municipality Bursary 2022/2023 is awarded to South African students who reside in Prince Albert Local Municipality alone.
Prince Albert Local Municipality is located in the Western Cape province of South Africa and is part of the Central Karoo District Municipality. The Category B municipality is the second smallest municipality in the province, whose main economic drivers include agriculture and tourism.
The municipal area, with a total population of just over 13 000 residents, includes the towns and cities of:
- Prince Albert
- Prince Albert Road and
- Leeu Gamka
THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY 2022/2023 – FIELDS COVERED
In collaboration with Provincial Treasury, Prince Albert Municipality is inviting students from the Prince Albert Municipal area, to apply for the Prince Albert Municipality bursary funding 2022/2023 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Building Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Internal Audit
- Public Administration
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Town Planning
- and other fields relating to financial management and financial governance, as identified by the Municipality
THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY 2022/2023 – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The Prince Albert Municipality bursary 2022/2023 will be awarded for 1 (one) academic year of study. Also. funding will be paid directly into the tertiary institution’s bank account.
Only shortlisted candidates will be reached out to within 30 working days after the bursary closing date. Applicants should kindly regard their application as unsuccessful if they do not receive any feedback/response by this time.
Candidates should also kindly note that canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY 2022/2023
Applicants before applying for this bursary award must meet the following minimum entry criteria.
P.S: Kindly note that failure to meet these requirements will lead to your application not being considered:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must reside within the Prince Albert Municipal area, in the Western Cape Province.
- Applicants must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification, in one of the above-stated fields.
- Applicants must be registered to study at a recognized and accredited South African tertiary institution, for 2022.
- Applicants must have a strong academic record.
- Applicants must need financial help.
- Applicants must be interested in uplifting and changing the community.
- Students with disabilities and students from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY 2022/2023
Applicants should carefully read and follow these steps to apply for the Prince Albert Municipality 2022/2023:
- Download and complete the: Prince Albert Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
- Compulsorily, candidates along with their online application form should submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation. (Kindly note that your application may be disqualified if any items are missing):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Full comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Most recent examination results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (certified copy)
- Banking details of the tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (municipal account) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable) (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent disability, if disabled (letter from a medical doctor)
- Academic results from last year (if applying for a second bursary)
P.S: Candidates MUST NOT submit original documents as documents submitted will not be returned. Only CERTIFIED documents must be submitted. Also, applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
Also, applications must be submitted to:
Prince Albert Municipality
Private Bag X53
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
The Prince Albert Municipality bursary 2022/2023 closes on 31st January 2022.
P.S: Kindly note, late applications will not be accepted or considered. Therefore, all applications should be done before the closing date.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries or information related to this bursary program, kindly contact the Prince Albert Municipality directly:
P.S: All contacts should be done during office hours only
Contact Person: Mr George van der Westhuizen
Telephone no: 023 541 1320