We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2024 Postgraduate Research Opportunity in Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Cape Town is now open.
The University of Cape Town’s Neuroscience Institute, located within the renowned Groote Schuur Hospital and the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, invites applications for a Master’s or PhD research project in the Division of Neurosurgery. This initiative is a unique opportunity to engage in groundbreaking research on acute brain injuries.
UCT Postgraduate Research Grant Eligibility
- Fields of Study: Candidates from mathematics, physics, engineering, or computational science backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Nationality: Open to South African citizens or international applicants with a valid student visa for South Africa.
Experience and Skills:
- Applicants should possess a strong foundation in their field of study and express a keen interest in translational projects.
Interested individuals should:
- Prepare application documents:
- A letter detailing expertise and research interests
- A comprehensive CV
- Academic transcripts.
- Contact information for two referees
- Submit Application:
- Send all documents to Dr. Jill Combrinck at [email protected].
- Selection Process:
- A committee within the Paediatric Neurosurgery Unit will review all eligible and completed applications.
- Immediate Start: The position is open for an immediate start date.
- Latest Start Date: January 2024 is the final date to commence the research project.