The KwaZulu-Natal Film Bursary is currently available for all the interested applicants.
The KwaZulu-Natal Film is a Commission is a globally recognized company that focus on film production. This commission is giving candidates from disadvantaged communities to take part in the film industry. It also tackle skills and resources scarcity.
Programmes like Women and Youth Incubation Programme for the encouragement of women, Internship Programmes for school graduates, and young participants into the industry, Bursary Programme for academic financial support of students, Tours for fim producers and film companies from around the country and the world and the Film Fund for film projects financial support were introduced to achieve their objectives.
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants who have applied at KwaZulu Natal recognized tertiary institutions and have received acceptance letter
- Students who have done matriculation and undergraduates who wish to pursue their careers in Film/TV/Animation at a KwaZulu-Natal recognised tertiary institution
- South African citizens residing in KwaZulu-Natal province
The selection criteria are based on the following:
- Good academic performance
- Field of study and demand
- Financial situation
- Representation (Gender, Disability and Race)
- Skills, ability and potential
How to Apply and Application Details
- The bursary do open on 08 September – 25 October annually
- Complete the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Application form
NOTE: You can get the hard copies of this form at the KZN Film Commission offices and can be submitted by:
- Mail: 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
- Hand delivery: Reception, 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Applicants are to submit a new application for every year of study.
Applicants must submit the following documents together with the application form:
- 2019 Grade 12 June exam results or a current academic record if you are currently studying at a tertiary institution.
- ID document
- Matriculation June exam results.
- Matriculation certificate.
- Latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level
- Letter of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Tertiary institutes 2020 fee schedule on institution’s letterhead
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (not older than 3 months)
- Parents/ guardians bank statement with maintenance order/ affidavit, if separated or divorced
- Proof of disability if disabled
25 October 2020.
Post: 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Address: Reception, 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org