The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary application is now open for all interested applicants. Below are the bursary application link, requirements, eligibility, required documents and closing date.
The management of the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary is calling on all eligible South African students to apply for the ongoing bursary. The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) was established to contribute to the skills development in the province’s Film industry.
In other to make KwaZulu-Natal province as a diverse, sustainable, competitive industry and major film destination, KZNFC was established to fulfil this purpose.
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Eligible Field
Below is the eligible Field of Study for the Kwazulu Natal Film Commission Bursary:
- Film and Television
- Animation related studies
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Application Requirements
Below are the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary application requirements for applicants:
- South African citizen
- Reside with KwaZulu-Natal
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Applicants studying or planning to study a Film/ TV and Animation qualification (minimum NQF level 6) or Postgraduate Animation
- Studying or plan to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Have an excellent academic record
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities, previously disadvantaged individuals
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Application
Below are the required documents that all applicants must be attached to their application form. A certified copy of the below must be attached to your application form:
- South Africa ID document
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level
- Letter of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Tertiary institutes 2021 fee schedule printed on institution’s letterhead
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (not older than 3 months) (latest payslips or letter of employment if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ pension slip if on pension/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- Parents/ guardians bank statement with maintenance order/ affidavit, if separated or divorced
- Proof of disability if disabled
The closing date for the bursary is 20 October, any application submitted later is ineligible.
Contact KwaZulu Natal Film Commission
For more information, you can contact KZNFC directly on:
Tel: 031 25 0200