Here are the Lilitha Nursing college Admission requirements for the 2023/2023 session.
If you are considering enrolling at the esteemed Lilitha Nursing College and wondering if you have what it takes. We have come up with detailed information about the nursing college admission requirements.
If you have even experimented with the online application system for Lilitha Nursing College and gone so far as to attend the institution’s Open Day and you don’t have all that you need. The Lilitha Nursing College entry criteria are now at your fingertips thanks to the detailed breakdown of all the prerequisites for admission in this article. This will help you determine where you fit in and which qualification corresponds to your grade or result.
LILITHA COLLEGE OF NURSING ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
To get admitted to Lilitha College of Nursing prospective students must meet the minimum requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent school leaving certificate for admission to higher certificate or diploma programs and candidates’ educational certificates.
- Provisional admission will be based on levels/symbols obtained in Grade 12 June/September examinations or confirmation that the current employer is processing study leave. However the final decision for studying at Lilitha College of Nursing will be based on final Grade 12 results, confirmation that the applicant has been granted study leave by the employer and has not reached the pensionable age (55-60) applicable to all college programs;
- There are specific requirements for all specific programs. The Admission Point System (APS) is used for allocating point values to your NSC subjects or equivalent:
Admission Point System
For example, to register for a Basic Diploma you need an APS of at least 18 with an NSC/equivalent pass of Biology/Life Science at Level 4 or D Symbol and English at Level 3 or E Symbol Aggregate:
|NSC Subjects||NSC %||Level||APS Allocated|
The applicant has met the requirements for admission to the Diploma as she is above 18 points
- There are limits to the number of students that can be admitted to each program as this is dependent on the accredited capacity of the South African Nursing Council. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance or automatic registration to the specified program. Candidates will be required to undergo testing and interviews as a means to further screen candidates.
- Candidates in possession of health-related post-matric experience/certificate will be registered as per the identified quota for that group as specified below:
- Scholars: 50%
- Candidates with pre-NSC Grade 12 certificate: 20%
- Candidates with health-related post-matric experience/certificate: 10%
- Serving Officers: 20%
- Please note that admission requirements are subject to change and the college:
- will invest heavily in nurses for ECDoH facilities;
- will not invest in candidates that have attempted other avenues for example drop out of universities/technicians/colleges and;
- will not invest in candidates that are in possession of other qualifications. Should this be discovered at any stage during the process, the candidate will be disqualified.