We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the 2023 Beca Colombia Scholarship Programme: An Opportunity for Foreign Students.
The Government of Colombia, in collaboration with the Colombian Institute of Education Credit and Technical Studies Abroad (ICETEX), is proud to offer the Beca Colombia Scholarship Programme for Foreign Students. This esteemed initiative is designed for international students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies at Colombian higher education institutions. The scholarship provides a diverse range of postgraduate programs across both public and private institutions in Colombia, and the application deadline is June 28, 2023.
The Beca Colombia Scholarship Programme, funded by the government, aims to foster intellectual exchange and build academic networks by attracting talented international students. This program presents a remarkable opportunity for South African students to pursue postgraduate studies in Colombia starting in the second semester of 2023.
Benefits of the Beca Colombia Scholarship:
- Coverage of tuition fees at Colombian higher education institutions
- Health insurance in Colombia
- Courtesy visa fees
- Monthly stipend
- Installation costs (500,000 pesos equivalent to R2029)
- Incidental grant
- Stipend for books and materials (500,000 pesos equivalent to R2029)
To be eligible for the Beca Colombia Scholarship Programme, applicants must:
- Be a foreign citizen
- Not hold Colombian nationality or have resided in Colombia in the six months prior to applying
- Provide a Certificate of Migratory Movements issued no more than 30 days before the application
- Not have a marital or de facto relationship in Colombia
- Not have commenced postgraduate studies in Colombia
- Not have previously received ICETEX’s Beca Colombia scholarship
- Be under 50 years of age
- Have an average grade of 4.0 out of 5.0 in undergraduate studies
- Hold a professional, undergraduate, or graduate degree in any field of study
- Have admission to one to three postgraduate programs listed in the Academic Offer Catalog 2022-2. For Spanish courses, admission from the institution offering the course will be suspended.
Please note that applicants are responsible for admission costs set by Colombian higher education institutions and must also cover all other expenses not covered by the scholarship.
All applications must be submitted through the ICETEX platform, accessible on their website.
In addition to the application, the following documents must be attached:
- Pre-admission or final admission letter from the university
- Academic Recommendation Letter from a faculty member at the undergraduate institution (dated 2022)
- Certificate of Migratory Movements from the past year issued no more than 30 days before the application
- Undergraduate or graduate transcripts
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copies of university degrees or diplomas
- Resume or CV
- Health Certificate issued within thirty days of the application
- Professional Experience Certificate
Scholarship recipients enrolled in academic programs lasting longer than 12 months must request renewal from ICETEX each year to continue their studies.