Students can now apply for 2020/2021 Wellcome Trust Public Health Training Fellowship in the UK.
This program aim is to provide early years support for researchers to consolidate their research skills and gain additional training that will make you explore new research areas within Science. All these are to help researchers to be mature and develop a research vision.
The scheme is available to a low and middle-income country, but training may be undertaken at centres of excellence regionally or internationally. Researchers can apply to remain in their current laboratory, to a new laboratory or any other laboratory of choice.
The Wellcome Trust is a biomedical research charity based in London, United Kingdom. They support researchers, they doing research on big health challenges, and they campaign for better science and help everyone get involved in science and health research. The Wellcome Trust is a politically and financially independent foundation.
WELLCOME TRUST FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Here are what you need to apply:
- Be a national of a low- or middle-income country
- A research proposal focusing on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- Sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country.
- You must: have a PhD and be an early-career researcher or have a degree in a relevant subject and some initial research experience or Be a clinically qualified doctor (and be qualified to enter higher specialist training), vet, dentist or clinical psychologist, and have some initial research experience.
- If you don’t have a PhD when you apply, you will have to register for one
- Ready to undertake a guided period of research to consolidate your existing experience and explore new areas of research.
- If you’ve been away from research (eg for a career break, maternity leave, or long-term sick leave), we’ll allow for this when we consider your application.
- Citizens from low and middle-income country (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for the fellowships.
WELLCOME TRUST FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
- Submit your preliminary application through Grant Tracker(opens in a new tab).
- Submit your full application to your host organisation for approval: Complete the full application form on Grant Tracker.
- Only applications that have been submitted to the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship before April 30, 2020, will be considered.
Click here for more information OR leave a comment below
Subscribe the latest scholarship, bursary, internship and institution news