The application for the Ratlou Local Municipality Bursary is currently open to all eligible students. You will find the details about this bursary below.
The management of the Ratlou Local Municipality Bursary is calling on all eligible students to apply for the ongoing bursary programme. Ratlou Local Municipality is a local municipality in Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality, in the North West province of South Africa.
This municipality comprises rural areas with approximately 26 villages and commercial farms. The municipalities cities are Disaneng, Kraaipan, Madibogo and Setlagole. Agriculture, Mining and Tourism are the main economic sector of the region.
The bursary is provided for students that are residing in the area and studying any of the following courses:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
- Property & Land Valuation
- Town & Regional Planning
- Water Reticulation
- Waste Management
RATLOU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY COVERAGE VALUE, OBLIGATIONS & SELECTION
The Ratlou Local Municipality Bursary covers the following expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, study material and learner support and partial residence fees.
The bursary value will be determined by the bursary on a case-by-case basis and it is given once for one academic year and can be renewed based on the student’s academic performance and/or availability of funds.
The bursary will contact successful candidates if you did not receive any feedback after 90days of the bursary closing date, then your application is not successful.
Recipients of this bursary will have to work for the council/municipality for the duration they receive funding.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RATLOU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
To be eligible for the Ratlou Local Municipality Bursary, applicants must meet the following requirements. Failure to meet these requirements will render your application useless:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must reside within the Ratlou Local Municipality area, in the North West Province
- Must have completed Matric
- Applicants studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in any of the above fields of study
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a 3-year tertiary qualification, on a full-time or part-time basis
- Must intend on studying at a South African tertiary institution registered with the SAQA or higher education institution (check if your institution is registered here: https://www.dhet.gov.za/)
- Have a strong academic record
- Applicant total household income must not be more than R3 500 per month
- You must NOT be a recipient of other conditional bursary funding, for the entire term of the bursary, unless it has been approved by the municipality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE RATLOU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
To apply for this bursary download and complete the Ratlou Municipality Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022.
Please make sure you read all terms and conditions on the application form before applying.
Applicants are to submit the following certified required documents together with their application form. It is compulsory to submit all the documents or else the application will be disqualified:
- Recent passport-sized photograph (to be attached to the first page of the application form)
- ID document
- Matric certificate, NTC3 or equivalent examination
- Most recent examination results or academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional admission at a tertiary institution on institutions letterhead
- Parents or guardians ID documents
- Parents or guardians proof of income which can be the latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, affidavit if unemployed, latest financial statements if self-employed.
- Parent/Guardian death certificates if deceased
- Proof of residence: letter from the tribal authority, a confirmation letter from the municipality or a title deed
- Testimonial from your school, employer or person of authority
You are to submit your application form and the above-required documents to the address above:
– Hand delivery:
R507, Setlagole-to-Madibogo Road
Private Bag X 209
NOTES ABOUT THE RATLOU LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
- The Ratlou Local Municipality may withdraw bursary funding if the bursary recipients financial circumstances improve tremendously during the course of their studies – this is to allow for other needy and deserving students to receive funding.
- The Ratlou Local Municipality may discontinue bursary funding if the bursary recipient does not maintain a satisfactory academic record.
- The bursary recipient must commit to completing their studies within the maximum allocated time period stated by the course.
- The Municipality may request additional information or documentation in order to verify and authenticate the information provided.
The closing date for the bursary is 28 February 2022. Failure to submit before these dates will render your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
You can contact the Ratlou Local Municipality directly using any of the details below:
Contact people: Mr Mothaakgotla Lekalake or Mr Seabelo Sylvester
Tel: 018 330 7000
The contact day and time is Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 16:30.