Application is now open for students that want to apply for the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship. You can start your application process with the instruction below.
KnowBe4, Inc. is known as the largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform in the world. KnowBe4 provides employee training to help organizations manage social engineering problems, and assist in helping the employee to make smart security decisions, by recognizing warning signs to avoid being a victim of cybercrime.
There are currently offices for KnowBe4 in 10 different nations, including South Africa, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States. More than 35,000 businesses worldwide presently use it.
The KnowBe4 Women in Cyber Security Scholarship is available for those that have an interest in cyber security. If you have been looking for a scholarship in cyber security this is an opportunity for you.
KNOWBE4 WOMEN OF COLOUR IN CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP FIELDS COVERED
KnowBe4 Women in Cyber Security Scholarship is for female students of colour in the 2023 academic year. This scholarship is available for both undergraduate and postgraduate degree students in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance or in a similar field of study except those in PhD studies.
The Center for Cyber Safety and Education administers the prize, and applicants will be judged on three primary factors: passion, merit, and financial need.
This scholarship will be given to one student and it is worth a value of R110 000. The fund is to cover the following student expenses: books, tuition fees, required electronics, tuition fees and accommodation.
KnowBe4 will pay the scholarship fund directly into the scholar’s institution account. Scholars will also receive an (ISC)2 Certification Education Package, which includes:
- 1 (ISC)2 certification exam voucher (for any (ISC)² certification exam)
- Study materials in digital or hard copy format
- Practice exams
- (ISC)2 Direct training seminars in person, instructor-led live online or self-paced
- First-year membership fees are paid after passing the exam and becoming endorsed
- Exam voucher and an education package that can be claimed following graduation, both of which have a one-year validity period
MORE ABOUT THE KNOWBE4 SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION
The scholarship is only valid for a year and students will have to apply again the following years/semester to be eligible.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be needed to participate in a quick Zoom video interview with KnowBe4; for this meeting, candidates must have access to a camera via a computer, tablet, or phone. By no later than 30 November 2022, the chosen candidate will be notified; if you have not heard anything by then, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KNOWBE4 SCHOLARSHIP
There are some basic applications students must meet to be eligible for the KnowBe4 Women in Cyber security Scholarship. Below are the requirements students must meet:
- Open to all South African residents
- Open to all females of colour
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Students studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate Degree qualification that focuses on cybersecurity, information assurance or a similar field
- Open to applicants that are studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited university or college in South Africa full-time or part-time, on campus or online
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WOMEN OF COLOUR IN CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP
You can complete your application for the Women of Colour in Cybersecurity (South Africa) Scholarship Application 2022
Applicants are to submit all the required certified documents only with their application form. It is compulsory for all applicants to submit all the requirements to be considered for the bursary:
- Current or most recent unofficial transcripts from your institution on institutions letterhead
- 1 Letter of Recommendation: The letter must state how long the referee has known the applicant, in what capacity, any skills or abilities they believe will help them finish a degree and any other details that should be taken into account. Although professional reference letters will be considered, academic recommendations are preferred.
- Curriculum Vitae with a maximum of 3 pages with no links to publications included
- Essay questions, answering these questions with a maximum of 250 words per question – to be completed in the application:
- Why you should be awarded the scholarship and how you stand out from your peers
- Why you need the scholarship
- Personal and educational backgrounds
- Inspiration for studying cybersecurity and pursuing a career in the field What makes you a good prospect for success in information security? What are your career objectives?
- How you plan to “pay it forward” by assisting other female students, fresh graduates, and mid-career changes that are new to the field after you graduate and start working there
- Any past contributions you have made to the topic of cybersecurity (volunteer work, papers, etc.), as well as any interests outside of school and why you value them (no links to articles to be included)
Note: the scholarship award will not be disbursed until the applicant has submitted their official transcripts.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KNOWBE4 SCHOLARSHIP
The closing date for the KnowBe4 Scholarship is on 19 September 2022 (at 17:00 South African time / 11:00 AM EDT US).
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Please direct all questions about this scholarship program to KnowBe4, Inc.