Application is now open for South African students to apply for the International Service Provider Association, ISPA Bursary 2022.
The management of the ISPA bursary is calling on all eligible South African students to apply for the ongoing bursary programme. ISPA will award a bursary to one or more promising students that want to pursue a career in the Internet Service Provider sector.
“The inaugural ISPA Inspires Bursary programme was launched in 2020 and was a great success, receiving 288 qualifying applications. Two winners were selected following an extensive examination of each application. We believe it is important to encourage and assist our young people to enter the ICT Sector,” says Aurora Vani, chair of ISPA’s Social Development Working Group.
Jordy Kafwe Kioni and Fabian Brijlal are the first winner of the ISPA bursary and was announced on 30 March 2021, the winner is from Parklands, Western Cape and Phoenix, KwaZulu-Nata respectively.
ISPA Bursary Eligibility
Below are the eligibility requirements for the ISPA Bursary:
- Must be a South African citizens
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years
- Current or prospective undergraduate students enrolled for the 2022 academic year at a South African TVET college, university, registered private FET college or registered higher educational institution.
- Only applicants enrolled or planning to enrol in a field of study related to ICT (Information and Communications Technology) should apply.
- Postgraduate students are not eligible.
- Applicants must not be a beneficiary of an existing bursary.
Note: Priority will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals.
The ISPA Bursary applications open on Wednesday, 01 September, and close on Friday, 01 October 2021. No application submitted after the closing date will be considered for admission.
Visit ispa.org.za/inspires for more information.