Application is now open for South Africans to apply for the EY Bursary South Africa 2020/2021. They are inviting all eligible students to apply for the bursary.
EY was previously known as Ernst & Young till 2013 when it was rebranded. The company was founded in 1989 as the result of the merger between two companies; Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. However, company history can be traced back to 1849 when Harding & Pullein was established.
EY is a reputable company and its also one of the biggest multinational professional services firms across the globe, as well as one of the “Big Four” accounting firms. The company offers the following service for companies: advisory, tax, assurance (including financial audit) and consulting services.
The company services cover the following industries: Oil & Gas; Mining & Metals; Power & Utilities; Automotive & Transportation; Telecommunications; Technology; Life Sciences; Real Estate, Hospitality & Construction; Consumer Products & Retail; Government & Public Sector; Financial Services; Private Equity Media & Entertainment and Health.
EY currently has 230 000 staff members, in its 700 offices in 150 countries and its headquarter is in London.
The company is offering a bursary for all eligible students, check below to know more about EY Bursary.
EY BURSARY: FIELDS COVERED & SERVICE CONTRACT
EY offers two types of bursary to students:
1) The Academic Merit Bursary
2) The Academic Merit with Financial Need Bursary
The bursary is available for students studying or intend to study Chartered Accountant in South Africa and BAcc/ BCom Accounting/ Business Science/ CTA/ HNS or similar.
Recipients of this bursary will work for EY after their qualification for the duration they receive the fund which is a minimum of 3 years.
Applicants of this bursary are required to meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for the bursary:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Students studying or intend to study towards a Chartered Accountancy degree qualification
- Studying or registered to study at a SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants) accredited University
- Applicants that are not yet in a tertiary institution must achieve a minimum of 4 A’s in Matric
- Current tertiary students must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% for all subjects, in 1st to 4th year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application for the bursary is done online at https://www.ey.com/en_za/careers/apply-for-our-bursary-program
Applicants are to submit a clear certified copy of the following documents together with their application form:
- ID document
- Umalusi Matric certificate or statement
- If at a tertiary institution, submit a full tertiary academic record
- Latest fee statement from University, on letterhead OR quotation, if not yet studying
- Proof of registration or acceptance to University, on a letterhead
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed) (for students applying for a Merit with Financial Need Bursary)
The bursary application is open all year round.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
You can contact EY directly using the information below:
Head Office: Cape Town
Tel: 021 443 0200
Or find your nearest EY office on https://www.ey.com/en_gl/locations/south-africa
LIKE SCHOOLGIST ON FACEBOOK TO GET MORE UPDATES
Subscribe the latest scholarship, bursary, internship and institution news