The Citrus Academy operates under the Citrus Growers’ Association of Southern Africa (CGASA) as a non-profit organization. The aims and objectives is to establish opportunities for human resource development which is focused largely in Western parts.
Through its funding by the CGASA, the Citrus Academy offers tertiary students full bursaries to pursue studies in fields that relate to the industry, including citrus production and associated research.
The Citrus Academy Bursary Fund will cover the following student needs:
- Tuition fees Meals
- Books and other stationary
- For postgraduate students- research costs
- Other expenses needed for the student’s studies
Below are the eligible field for the bursary:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Management
- Agricultural Production Management
- Crop Production
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Soil Science
Citrus Academy Bursary Fund 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Below are the requirements for the bursary:
- Citizen of South Africa, Zimbabwe or Swaziland.
- Must have completed Matriculation.
- Currently studying towards one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must be currently entering their 2nd year of study and above.
- Must be currently studying part-time or full-time at one of the recognized tertiary institutes in South Africa.
- Must have an excellent academic record.
- Preference goes to female students and those who have been previously disadvantaged. Open to disabled students too.
As for the selection criteria, the requirement involves the following:
- Academic record
- Field of study
- Disability status
- Proven financial need
- Relevant background to the citrus industry
- Status of being previously disadvantaged
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants can apply using this link: https://www.citrusacademy.co.za/bursary-fund/apply-online.
Candidates must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documents with the online application:
- ID document.
- Applicant’s most recent tertiary academic results.
- Applicant’s most recent tertiary exam results.
- Applicant’s secondary education results.
- A motivational essay wherein the applicant explains why they want to study further, their background in the citrus industry, and plan to give back to the citrus industry and citrus enterprise after completing their studies. (maximum of 500 words)
- For postgraduate students, details of the applicant’s proposed research project.
The application will close on 15 September 2020
Address: Unit 8, 22 on Main Cnr of Greenway Close and Old Main Road, Gillitts, KwaZulu-Natal
Telephone Number: 031 765 3410 / 3412