Barberton Mines Bursary Application 2022 is a bursary sponsored by Barberton Mines, which is located in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa and is also a subsidiary of Pan African Resources and part of the Metal Ore Mining Industry.
The Group’s Barberton Mines complex which together, have been in operation for more than 100 years. They also produce high-grade with an excellent safety record. These mines include:
- The Fairview Mine
- Consort Mine
- Sheba Mine
ABOUT THE BARBERTON MINES BURSARY APPLICATION 2022 – FIELDS COVERED
Barberton Mines Bursary funding covers the 2022 academic year and is inviting students residing within the Ehlanzeni District Municipality.
Bursaries are available for undergraduate studies within mining-related fields, specifically the following fields:
- Mining Engineering (BSc)
- Mine Surveying (BSc)
Candidates will be selected based on 3 main criteria:
- Academic merit
- Medical fitness
- Meeting all the bursary requirements
THE BARBERTON MINES BURSARY APPLICATION 2022 – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The Barberton Mines Bursary Application 2022 will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbooks
- Laptop (for 1st-year students)
- A monthly stipend
- Vacation work/experiential work (opportunity to partake)
- 2-year internship program.
P.S: Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days (by no later than 4 February 2022). Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview before the final selection is made.
Also, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within the stated period.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BARBERTON MINES BURSARY APPLICATION 2022
Applicants before applying for this bursary must meet the following minimum entry requirements.
P.S: Your application will not be considered if you refuse to meet the stated requirements below:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Applicants must reside within the Ehlanzeni District Municipality, Mpumalanga province
- Applicants must have completed Matric
- Applicants must be accepted or registered to study full-time, towards one of the mining-related undergraduate qualifications listed above
- Applicants must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognized South African tertiary institution
- Applicants must NOT have a criminal record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BARBERTON MINES BURSARY APPLICATION 2022
Applicants must follow these steps to apply for the Barberton Mines Bursary Application 2022:
- Download and complete the Barberton Mine Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
- Compulsorily alongside your application form, you must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation. Failure to submit any or all items will lead to your application being disqualified:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of admission or acceptance to study at a tertiary institution, if entering 1st year (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of residence, not older than 3 months (certified copy)
P.S: All documents submitted must be in certified copy.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The HRD Manager, Training Centre, Barberton Mines (Pty) LTD
P.O. Box 121
(Attention: Ms. Gail Makhanya)
Note: Applications must be clearly marked “Bursary Application Form 2022”.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BARBERTON MINES BURSARY 2022
The Barberton Mines Bursary Application 2022 closes on 28th January 2022 (at 12:00).
P.S: Late application will not be accepted. All applications should be done before the closing date to ensure your application gets considered
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Kindly contact Barberton Mines directly for any queries or information related to this bursary program:
Names of people in charge: Edmond Chirwa / Gail Makhanya
Telephone no: 013 712 8500
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Good luck with your application!